cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigg_Regg
Constellation

Chat mode won't work on my note 8

Every time i try to apply my chat settings on my note 8 literally nothing happens.  I just keep having the notification icon (the orange N) show.  It tells me a code for verification will be sent thru text but nothing happens.  

14 REPLIES 14
Bigbare0089
Constellation

Re: Chat mode won't work on my note 8

The same thing happened to me. I was so excited on trying to go back to the stock messaging app but I am getting the exact same message and nothing happens

userUV8mJ2Ha9a
Constellation

Has Anyone Found A Fix For This Issue Yet? I've Been Trying For About A Week Now To Get The Chat Mode To Work But It Doesn't, (It Used To But Doesn't Anymore For Some Reason). I've Followed Multiple Steps To Try To Fix It But It Doesn't Work. Help!

For this, you are going to want to reach out to your carrier. That is a feature that they set up.

userbOus6GvvZV
Constellation

I called sprint and they had no clue what I was talking about
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just checking in. Have you reached out to your carrier yet?

Comet

@Bigg_Regg wrote:

Every time i try to apply my chat settings on my note 8 literally nothing happens.  I just keep having the notification icon (the orange N) show.  It tells me a code for verification will be sent thru text but nothing happens.  

You're on Sprint. It's called RCS code. You won't like this, but I had to factory reset device and NOT RESTORE backups or prior messages for it to work, OR call Sprint. No other workaround. 

Comet

@Bigg_Regg wrote:

any changes yet

usern4Wqi7s5pK
Constellation

usern4Wqi7s5pK
Constellation

Wipe cache partition

It’s time to rule out the possibility that this problem is due to some corrupt system caches, so in this step, try deleting the caches from your phone so that they will be replaced with new ones. Don’t worry, these deleting and replacing processes are done automatically. Just follow these steps and you should be good…

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe cache partition’.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted and press the Power button.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.