Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQEZdTcQcBS
Constellation

Custom OS download locked me out my phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

just had an issue with my device trying to install a custom OS when I was trying to turned on my phone. 

THe screen was blue and not responding  with a big WARNING sign telling me that a custom OS is trying to download on the phone .warning this is not a familiar installation ,results will damage and turn off phone . SO I panicked and I guess I pushed the wrong button and it was downloading , a min after..I pressed the bixby key and power button and finally my phone stopped installing whatever was and it restarted .

Well, right now my phone is functioning normally but before all this happened I remember my phone was turning black for a few sec while using it  yesterday . SO , what measures should I take now to keep my phone safe and how should I check my phone , I only have Lookout app , any other protection for threats like this?

Ty in advance. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Custom OS download locked me out my phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQEZdTcQcBS

I see, that makes sense. I can totally get why you would be concerned when something unexpected like that showed up on your screen. If your phone gets frozen in the future, or if the same thing occurs, you can manually reboot your phone by pressing and holding down the power button and volume down button at the same time. Of course if it is bringing Odin unusually often, let us know and we will keep trying to help you.

4 REPLIES 4

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What "custom os" was being downloaded to start with..

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userQEZdTcQcBS

It sounds like your phone was accidentally put in Odin mode. You don't have to worry about custom software being installed, since Odin mode requires that new software be loaded onto the phone from a USB cable. Do you know if your phone was resting on its side or anything, or had one of the buttons held down for awhile while it was turned on?

userQEZdTcQcBS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ty for your response, it makes some sense to me .

Yes, my phone was shut down, because i was charging it overnight and i decided to power it off, so in the morning when i tried to power it back on, that big warning sign was on my screen , and i panicked and i guessed i pushed a button that allowed that os to be installed on my phone , so then while that was showing on my screen that is installing, my husband pushed some buttons that made it reboot somehow ...

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQEZdTcQcBS

I see, that makes sense. I can totally get why you would be concerned when something unexpected like that showed up on your screen. If your phone gets frozen in the future, or if the same thing occurs, you can manually reboot your phone by pressing and holding down the power button and volume down button at the same time. Of course if it is bringing Odin unusually often, let us know and we will keep trying to help you.