cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

DEX not working with HDMI to usb-c cable

Hello,

i have a problem, I have samsung smart curved 49" tv AND SAMSUNG NOTE 8 AND SAMSUNG S20.

i bought HDMI to USB-c cable for dex as i have samsung wirelss charger, when i connect that cable with my tv and S20 Dex works immediatly but with my Note 8 nothing happens not even screen mirroring or dex nothing works with my note 8 i even did factiry reset but still same problem. Please Help

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: DEX not working with HDMI to usb-c cable

The Note 8 requires the Samsung DeX station. https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-note8-how-do-i-use-samsung-dex-feature/

I believe that it would also work with a Samsung DeX Pad. 

Highlighted
Constellation

samsung website says that note 8 is compatible with hdmi to usb-c cable thatss why i bought that cable. please correct that missleading information. now do i need to buy dex station for note 8? 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Not sure which link you found that info on. The Note 8 is not listed as compatible to Samsung's USB C to HDMI cable. https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/dex-cable-ee-i3100fbegww-compatible/?sea...

To be certain, I would purchase the Samsung DeX station for use with your Note 8. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: DEX not working with HDMI to usb-c cable

hello, would I be able to connect my note9 with a dex station via hdmi as I once did before the new android 10 update that took it away?
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Re: DEX not working with HDMI to usb-c cable

@Noodullz wrote:
hello, would I be able to connect my note9 with a dex station via hdmi as I once did before the new android 10 update that took it away?

yes