JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DeX Pad Netflix screen very small and not expanding on TV screen

(Topic created: 07-03-2018 01:25 AM)
userDnvkoKyttI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I specifically bought the DexPad to play Netflix on my 55" TV screen in a room that we don't have internet. When using the DexPad and my Galaxy Note 8, the Netflix screen is very small on the TV screen and it won't expand to fill the screen. I tried changing the resolution on the TV screen with no success. Any solution on this one?

0 Likes
12 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can I get the full model number of the TV?

0 Likes
imjms737
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Late to the party, but I also ran into the same issue.

I tried (in vain) to resize the Netflix video playback screen, until I realized I can just change the output mode to screen mirroring and play Netflix videos that way.

I do wish the Netflix app was fully compatible with DeX, but this will do the trick!

Solution
userIOgT2NcLFg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi there!

You have two options to fix this:

1. Go to "Settings", click "Samsung DeX", go to bottom and click "About Samsung DeX" then click the logo about 5 times. It will ask if you want to turn on developer options. After, disconnect and reconnect to Dex. Back to "Settings" main page, scroll down to bottom and click "Developer options", second from bottom you can enable "Force activities to be resizable". This worked for me.

You also may want to go to "Settings", click "Samsung DeX" and turn on "Samsung DeX Labs" which allows some apps not meant to work on Dex usable.

2. If that does not work for you, you should consider the app "DeX MAX".

userlWLQArFS1u
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!

YOU ARE MY SAVIOR! This works perfectly! I can resize Netflix and run Amazon Kindle which was originally "not allowed" to run in DeX mode.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

0 Likes
userXsvrkDYGlL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This was awesome advice. After both my husband and I spent hours, perusing the internet and looking for solutions to Netflix not expanding on my computer screen, I found your fix which worked perfectly on my Samsung S9. Thank you!

0 Likes
userfSgjQKP2dB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did not see developer option when turn od developer options. 

0 Likes
Pooptyschmoopty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did not see the developer option either until I opened the Netflix app again and saw the enlarge button next to the exit button on the top right of the app, works like a charm.

0 Likes
useruEJLql3rmu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

THANK YOU!!!! 😄

0 Likes
userHngTOx6nBJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you - IT WORKS!!

Took me several goes to get it working. Now if only I could get my keyboard setup properly so that the keys match.

0 Likes