cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Device wont charge suddenly

Hello forum! I am a healthcare provider and desperately need my phone to function given my need to work from home and use it to call patients!

I plugged my note 8 (verizon branded on xfinity network if it matters with latest firmware update) in to an off-brand charger + cable that I hadnt used yet that my wife uses all the time on her s9. My phone was at 8% battery when i was having trouble getting the plug in then suddently the top left light on the screen turned a light blue I had never seen before and the screen went black. Phone then refused to respond at all. I went and plugged it into my samsung charger and no response at all, stil lwont turn on. I plugged it in to my computer and it powered up with 1% battery left. I brought it back to my samsung charger and it says fast charging with a time estimate but the battery has yet to move (actually went down to 0% now which I have never seen) after an hour of being plugged in.

Did I fry the battery when I used my off brand plug and need a new phone? Is there a way to salvage the battery life I have left to get important apps/files off my phone?

Thank you for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Device wont charge suddenly

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're experiencing that, can you send us a private message so we can look into service options for you? Please provide the model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Device wont charge suddenly

Hi @userEKMLrVwI6y 

Samsung is partnering with uBreakiFix to offer free Samsung cell phone repair services to local first responders and healthcare professionals.

Repairs include replacement of a damaged/cracked front display, rear glass of the phone or other repairs. If the device cannot power on, the device will have to be evaluated to confirm there is no impact or liquid damage to the motherboard. If so, the device will be considered OOW and require payment but not included replacement of the board inside the phone.

Click on link for more info/details

Free Repairs for The Frontline

Hope this helps out in any way. Stay safe.