cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Device wont turn on

I am very disappointed with the note 8. 

I had a system update thru Verizon yesterday. My phone was acting funny after the update (apps crashing, freeze) but I just ignored it for the time being. The next day, my phone is fully charged and works fine for 1 hour this morning and then it turned off automatically.  It will not turn back on!! I was able to get the device to the maintenance boot menu but none of the options work. I tried factory reset and safety mode. Both options did nothing. When I selected those options,  system update screen pops up with the android guy for a few seconds and then goes black again.  Nothing works! 

I was just bragging earlier this week that my note 8 works perfectly but now this happens because of the new SW update. 

I just paid off my device and I refuse to spend hundreds to replace it. 

Someone please help me!  I searched online for remedies and tried them all! Nothing has worked!    

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Device wont turn on

If the factory reset option is not working then i would recommend having a professional flash your phone with your software. UBreakIFix is an authorized Samsung repair center that should be able to flash software, if you have one near you I would take it there first to see if they can help.

https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Good luck & i hope this helps

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you! There is a location about 15 minutes from me! i will go first thing in the morning!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Were you able to get your device looked at?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

yup! The flash did not work. They suspected to be a motherboard issue and advise me to contact samsung for a mail-in repair.

My device is out of warranty and I had to pre-pay $82 dollars in case that is indeed the issue.  I am hoping their technicians are able to isolate the issue and fix my phone for free, but $82 isn't too bad. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

This is ridiculous.  They want to charge me $311 to repair the PBA. I do not see how that could have been damaged. 

I might as well buy a new phone.  I am so annoyed and disappointed that Samsung wants to charge me that much.  

I've searched thru this forum and it seems that PBA issues are common with Samsung devices. I feel ripped off. 

I've taken such good care of my device. This is not fair.