Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dex Station not turning on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I just purchased a Dex Station for my Note 8, I plug a monitor, power and a wireless keyboard and mouse and plug my Note 8 in and hay presto.... nothing, just starts charging the phone, the mouse and keyboard work on the phone but no Dex.  Can someone help please?

Regards,

Dave G

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Dex Station not turning on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So this may not work for everyone, but I have found a workaround on my phone that lets the Dex Desktop startup up everytime.  

You have to get the desktop to start at least once for this to work.  For me, I had to unplug the power adapter, and the keyboard and mouse,  then plug the phone into the Dex, when the popup comes that says you need and external power supply, plug that in and then hit okay.  I finally got dex to load this way.  Then you can plug in your mouse and keyboard.

Now the trick I have found to get it to load next time I hook up to the Dex, before you disconnect your phone, bring up the notification panel.  One the Using Samsung Dex notification, click Screen Mirroring.  Once it switches to screen mirroring, unplug your phone.  The next time you plug in your phone it will automatically go to screen mirroring.  Bring down the notification panel and on the Using Screen Mirroring notification, click Samsung Dex.  And the desktop loads everytime for me.

Hope this helps so people. It was really annoying until I figured this out.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Astronaut

Dex Station not turning on

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the exact same issue I just got the DeX today. I can't find any solutions anywhere. Did you ever get it to work?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriIk8zvuuQe wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased a Dex Station for my Note 8, I plug a monitor, power and a wireless keyboard and mouse and plug my Note 8 in and hay presto.... nothing, just starts charging the phone, the mouse and keyboard work on the phone but no Dex.  Can someone help please?

Regards,

Dave G

Not a definitive answer but what is the resolution of your monitor? I recall some document that said it had to be full HD, 1080 x 1920.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received my Dex Station and even though using a fast charger it didn't work. ONLY when using the original Samsung charger, which came with the phone could I make it work. Seems there is some kind of handshake between the charger and the dock to prevent malfunction due to inapprobriate charger being used.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

still not working even using samsung note 8 original charger. Dex not starting. only charging, mouse & keyboard are working..

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem and have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am currently experiencing the same issue on my Note 8. It was working fine until just recently. The dock now just charges, Mouse & keyboard are enabled; but the Desktop/DeX mode doesnt come into play, not shows up in the system options.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same problem.

Uninstole  "Smart things" App from Samsung  and   ... now its working !

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Re-install Smart things for HDMI audio.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks a tonne 

I uninstalled smart things and side sync and it worked...

That took one day of my entire life to figure out.