Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2m5JfzsWtd
Asteroid

Display and touch gone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Team,

@SamsungAdam 

Suddenly out of the blue, the display and touch stop working and completely went black. 

as informed by colleagues, they are saying screen panel is destroyed, there was line appearing in the middle of the screen display. but, neither phone was dropped, destroyed, or heated up or any sort of problem. The phone went it to this state while being in the pocket.

it's also embarrasing since i always promoted my phone in front of apple users. initailly when this happend, the  S pen feature was working.

find picture below. initailly upper notification display, upto 2 cm was working fine and now that's gone black too.

i tried charging, discharging and now the phone is power saving mode automatically after 5%, i am also unable to create a backup. please guide.DFC6E27C-6808-49A8-A9F6-8B7061999BB9.jpeg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Display and touch gone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2m5JfzsWtd wrote:

yes, I have tried that too but nothing seems to work, data & location both were turned on yet on findmysamsung it's unable to track phone after battery fell below 5%.

Please advise on backing up the device.

I think Note8 should support Dex cable that you can use to connect your phone to a monitor.

As for the issue, it either could be the panel sa your co-workers suggested or a ribbon cable that connects from motherboard to the screen OLED panel.  Try to watch some Note8 disassemble videos where someone would show the location of the screen cable.  Maybe you could press a bit in that area to see the screen pattern moves and you see some difference

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung_teyb76X
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While it was in your pocket, did you bend down or over or anything of thag sort before it happened?

user2m5JfzsWtd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

nope no irregular movement. just a regular day at work.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2m5JfzsWtd wrote:

Dear Team,

@SamsungAdam 

Suddenly out of the blue, the display and touch stop working and completely went black. 

as informed by colleagues, they are saying screen panel is destroyed, there was line appearing in the middle of the screen display. but, neither phone was dropped, destroyed, or heated up or any sort of problem. The phone went it to this state while being in the pocket.

it's also embarrasing since i always promoted my phone in front of apple users. initailly when this happend, the  S pen feature was working.

find picture below. initailly upper notification display, upto 2 cm was working fine and now that's gone black too.

i tried charging, discharging and now the phone is power saving mode automatically after 5%, i am also unable to create a backup. please guide.DFC6E27C-6808-49A8-A9F6-8B7061999BB9.jpeg

Turn off your device, then wait for moment, then turn it back on.

Go to this website: https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Log in to your Samsung account and it will find your phone and you will see multiple options including backup. 

You can also reset/erase your device after backup, but if resettings won't help and your screen won't work, then you won't be able to set the device up again.  If something happened to the screen, meaning it died, then you would need repair. 

user2m5JfzsWtd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Charktak,

I have successfully unlocked the device through find my mobile yet unable to create a back up due to error; remote control is off.

secondly unable to create a backup through smartswitch as well, as it's saying file transfer not allowed, most probably as phone itself has enalbed powersaving mode when battery fell below 5% as i tried to discharge the phone.

so i am stuck in the middle of this. I am okay with repairing but how much would it cost and would it last?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2m5JfzsWtd Have you tried pressing the power button and volume down button at the same time to simulate a battery pull? Just as a heads up this will restart your device.

user2m5JfzsWtd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes, I have tried that too but nothing seems to work, data & location both were turned on yet on findmysamsung it's unable to track phone after battery fell below 5%.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to clarify, you are also unable to charge your device is that correct?

user2m5JfzsWtd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

nope, phone is charging and  i am able to take calls through a headphones and charge the device as well.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user2m5JfzsWtd wrote:

I think Note8 should support Dex cable that you can use to connect your phone to a monitor.

As for the issue, it either could be the panel sa your co-workers suggested or a ribbon cable that connects from motherboard to the screen OLED panel.  Try to watch some Note8 disassemble videos where someone would show the location of the screen cable.  Maybe you could press a bit in that area to see the screen pattern moves and you see some difference

View solution in original post