@ImNotTheOne it sounds like you were holding down the power and volume down buttons hopefully this will help
Hard Reset with Hardware Keys
1. As mentioned previously, before you proceed with the hard reset, it is highly recommended that you back up all of your important data on a computer, hard drive or external SD card.
2. Ensure the device is turned off
3. Press and hold the Bixby key and the Volume up key, then press and hold the Power key.
4. When the Android mascot appears, release all keys. You should see “Installing system update” for approximately 30-60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu appears.
5. Use the Volume down key to navigate through the recovery menu and highlight “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and press the Power key to select.
6. Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted and press the Power key.
7. When the Factory reset is complete, press the Power key to select “Reboot system now”. The phone will restart with all data reset.