cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
big_oh_tea
Constellation

Edge Screen Pop Up Notification not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For some reason, the edge Screen Pop up notification function does not work with the Messenger app when my screen is off (One from Google play, not stock app). When I have the screen on, the edge Screen works as intended but Everytime I get a text with my AOD active my edge Screen doesn't light up nor do I get a text Notification pop up at the top of my screen.  Ive set the edge Screen settings to work for the screen on, screen off, and for both and the result is the same...no edge Screen light up for the Messenger app.

Anybody else have this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Edge Screen Pop Up Notification not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@big_oh_tea wrote:

For some reason, the edge Screen Pop up notification function does not work with the Messenger app when my screen is off (One from Google play, not stock app). When I have the screen on, the edge Screen works as intended but Everytime I get a text with my AOD active my edge Screen doesn't light up nor do I get a text Notification pop up at the top of my screen.  Ive set the edge Screen settings to work for the screen on, screen off, and for both and the result is the same...no edge Screen light up for the Messenger app.

ONLY stock message is developed to trigger the alert. Or to play store and get an app called edge lighting. It adds further functions that edge lighting doesn't. Edge Lighting by edge design  or use textra. 

5 REPLIES 5
userBo8G2oTyUV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've heard it is a security issue with the apps that prevent the edge lightings to happen.

Only works for Messages for me.

Can work for most things accessible without unlocking the phone.

big_oh_tea
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That makes sense. 

I assume since it's a security issue that there won't be any workarounds or updates to "fix" it?

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@big_oh_tea wrote:

ONLY stock message is developed to trigger the alert. Or to play store and get an app called edge lighting. It adds further functions that edge lighting doesn't. Edge Lighting by edge design  or use textra. 

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@big_oh_tea wrote:

try my suggestion

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

agreed