Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userC59TzJ3Gd5
Asteroid

FB Messenger App Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FB Messenger app will not open. Greyed out icon for the app. When I try to open it or uninstall it, I receive an error that says, "App not installed." App is not listed in installed apps on my phone. When I try to download the app from Google Play, I receive an error that says the app cannot be downloaded because an incompatible version of the app was installed by another user; however, I am the only user on the phone. I moved the app to my SD card & started noticing the issue. I read up on many forums that said not to do this. I was able to move all the other apps back to phone storage from the SD card with no issues. This is the only app giving me this issue. My phone is not rooted. Please help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: FB Messenger App Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, for best performance be sure to use a class 10 or higher SD card with your Galaxy Note 8. Older SD cards may not work as well with a newer flagship device. Older model SD cards can cause freezes, malfunctions, and it can cause your phone to reboot. Beyond using the appropriate class SD card, you may also need to perform a Data Factory Reset. Please be advised that a Factory Reset will restore your device to its original settings and remove all stored data on the device. Please be sure to back up all data before performing a Data Factory Reset. Below you will find a link to a step by step guide for performing the reset. Thanks!

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=710181&modelname=SM-...

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the app still installed on your sd card?

userC59TzJ3Gd5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I originally installed it on my phone before moving it to my SD card. It worked fine on my SD card until yesterday. That is when the icon disappeared and I got the error. After extensive research, I read that I shouldn't have apps on my SD card, so I moved all of the other apps back to my phone. This is the only one that I cannot move, open, uninstall or reinstall.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you recently update your device?

userC59TzJ3Gd5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not in the last day. Not for awhile, actually. It last updated in June but says that the phone is using the most up-to-date software.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried taking the sd card out of the device and then installing the app?

userC59TzJ3Gd5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did. The greyed out icon is still on the phone. I still cannot install the app as I continue to get the same error.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, for best performance be sure to use a class 10 or higher SD card with your Galaxy Note 8. Older SD cards may not work as well with a newer flagship device. Older model SD cards can cause freezes, malfunctions, and it can cause your phone to reboot. Beyond using the appropriate class SD card, you may also need to perform a Data Factory Reset. Please be advised that a Factory Reset will restore your device to its original settings and remove all stored data on the device. Please be sure to back up all data before performing a Data Factory Reset. Below you will find a link to a step by step guide for performing the reset. Thanks!

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=710181&modelname=SM-...

userC59TzJ3Gd5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is a brand new SD card. I guess I'll have to do a factory reset. Ugh.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let us know if you have any further questions.