cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Factory unlock phone locked to T-Mobile Network

Hello,

I purchased a factory unlocked phone Samsung Note 8 from Samsung in 2019 and i started using my T-Mobile service at that time on this phone. 

I switched to AT&T and got a new phone from them at that time a Note 10 and stopped using Note 8.

Recenlty my screen broke and i wanted to use my unlocked note 8 as a replacement till i get my note 10 screen fixed. When i put AT&T sim in the phone it is telling me that the phone is locked to the Network for Tmobile even though the phone was never purchased from them.

Can you please let me know how to unlock my phone so i can start using it. right now i am phoneless and that is not good.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Factory unlock phone locked to T-Mobile Network

there should be an app called Device unlock. try using that to see if you can unlock it. also try calling t mobile to see if they can help. most likely the device you purchased was not unlocked.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Factory unlock phone locked to T-Mobile Network

I have called tmobile and they said they are going to send email to samsung to get this unlocked as their device unlock app is not able to unlock the phone. I have the receipts of purchase that says the device was factory unlocked