cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Fail to update

My sumsung note 8 won't update and tells me system is up to date yet i can't access certain apps

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Fail to update

hi @userCFBkBTpjEw 

You can follow this instruction on updating your device

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/

Software update

Important: Depending on your software version, it may be necessary to repeat this process multiple times.

If a system update is available, you should download and install it to keep your phone running smoothly.

From Settings, swipe to and tap Software update. Tap Download and install; if an update is available, it will automatically install. Tap the Back icon if there is no update available, or if you don't want to download the update at this time.

You can also tap the switch to enable or disable Auto download over Wi-Fi. When this option is turned on, your phone will automatically update when it's connected to a Wi-Fi network. If this option is turned off, you will need to update your phone manually.

Note: On some phones, it may say "System updates" instead of "Software update."

Software update via Smart Switch

Not only is Smart Switch great for transferring data, but it’s also an easy way to update your phone’s software. When you open Smart Switch on your Mac or Windows PC, you’ll see an option to update to a new software version if one is available.

First, make sure your phone is charged to at least 20% before proceeding. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable provided with your phone, and then open Smart Switch on your computer. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to Update. Click Update and follow the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files and complete the update process. Keep in mind your phone might turn on and off during the update process.

Smart Switch screen with Galaxy S10+ and option to Update

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your phone until the update is complete.

hopefully, this will help with your problem
if you still have a question feel free to ask us anything

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you