cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Fail to update

My sumsung note 8 won't update and tells me system is up to date yet i can't access certain apps

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Fail to update

hi, @userCFBkBTpjEw I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for this question. I understand you are having problems updating your device.

if it is possible can you check the version of your device as of now 

you can find it in 

Settings > About Phone > Software information 

specify One Ui Version, Android Version, Build Number and Service Provider SW Ver.

Or you can update it using the Samsung smart switch 

For this update method, you will need a PC or Mac download the software for your operating system 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch

How to Use Smart Switch to Update Your Phone

First things first—you’re going to need a copy of Smart Switch installed on your computer. Go ahead and grab the download from here and get it installed.

Next, connect your Galaxy phone and let’s do this thing.

With your phone connected over USB, fire up Smart Switch. It should take a few moments to look for your phone, and then automatically connect. If you’re using a secured lock screen, you’ll need to unlock the device before Smart Switch can connect.

After the connection is established and your phone is unlocked, Smart Switch lets you know if there’s an update available. If there’s something to install, click the “Update” button.

A dialog box pops up, letting you know that it’s going to update your phone to the latest version. Click “Continue” to get started.

Another window pops up with some general warning and notes. Click “All Confirmed” to continue.

The download should start immediately. Depending on the size of the update file and your internet connection, this could take a bit.

When it’s finished downloading, the software update begins. If you’re using a Windows PC, you may have to grant UAC access here before it will install.

The installation takes a bit of time—just let it do its thing while you go get a coffee.

While it’s finished, the phone automatically reboots into Download mode—don’t panic, this is normal! The progress bar on both the phone and Smart Switch window will let you know how things are coming along. Again, just chill and let it do its thing.

When it’s finished, a pop up lets you know that the update is complete and that you need to disconnect and reconnect the cable.

If you want to continue using Smart Switch for any reason, disconnect and reconnect. If you only needed to update, you’re finished here and can just disconnect your phone.

hopefully, this will help with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for