Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user5ATDn55cNW
Asteroid

Find my mobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So last year my phone decided it no longer recognized my pin and I was able to use find my mobile to unlock it.  This morning it happened again.  Find my mobile appears to no longer find my S4.  I was lucky. I removed the battery and rebooted and it recognized my pin, but what would I do if find my mobile no longer supports S4's?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user5ATDn55cNW
Asteroid

Re: Find my mobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, finally, removed phone from find my mobile, then removed the samsung acct on the phone and put the account back on and now find my mobile finds my phone... Apparently, doing a hard reset messes something up and redoing it this way finally restored it.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @user5ATDn55cNW

So long as your phone is registered with Find My Mobile, you should be able to use that service. Honestly I have not heard of any phones being phased out of the service for  being too old.

user5ATDn55cNW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, it's registered.  The site know what model I have but STILL can't find it, and yes I have location turned on.  I also have remote turned on.  What other setting can affect it?

user5ATDn55cNW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I've done a hard reset since then, maybe some credentials got messed up?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5ATDn55cNW

That is certainly possible. I am sure you have your Samsung account already added back onto the phone. Have you checked your security settings to make sure that Find My Mobile is turned on? Admittedly, I am not as familiar with the S4's version of Android due to its age.

user5ATDn55cNW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it is turned on.  How would I delete it and re add it?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5ATDn55cNW

Is your phone no longer appearing on Find my Mobile? I thought you were able to use Find my Mobile once you removed the battery and placed it back in to reset the phone. What android version is your phone running? You can see that in Settings>About Device.

user5ATDn55cNW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it appears.  Running Android 5.01 and not finding any further updates.  My phone and my phone number show in the find my mobile app, but app keeps saying it can't find it.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5ATDn55cNW

That sounds about right, I don't believe that phone will get any OS upgrades past that point. Have you checked the Settings>Lockscreen and Security settings to make sure that you have Find my Mobile enabled on the device.

user5ATDn55cNW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it is enabled.