cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Flaky Audio

Hello all.  I have been having some audio issues with my Note 8.  The audio keeps cutting off.  At first, this only happened with YouTube.  I have YouTube Premium.  The audio is supposed to continue playing when the screen gets turned off.  The audio would turn off after about a minute.  I blamed the YouTube app.  I was wrong.

I regularly use PocketCast, Google Play Music, Spotify, FooBar, and PowerAmp.  Now the adudio cuts off when I use any of those apps. It doesn't matter whether I use bluetooth or the 3.5mm jack (headphones or aux cable). It has gotten really bad. I'm ready to dump this phone.  Audio is absolutley essential. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Flaky Audio

Hardware issues U need to Contact Samsung Care nearby ...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello! 

Have you checked to make sure the device is up to date? If there is an update I would recommend updating.

If you device is up to date, I would then recommend wiping the cache partition on the phone. You can do so by following the steps below.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume upHome, and Power keys together.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
  4. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume up and Home keys. 'Installing system update' appears for 30 - 60 seconds, followed by the Android system recovery menu.
  5. Press the Volume down key until 'wipe cache partition' is highlighted.
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to select.
  9. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.

After wiping the cache partition and rebooting the device, go ahead and test your audio and let me know if the symptoms still continue.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks.  Tried that.  Didn't work.