Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userxCC6poVyJI
Asteroid

GALAXY NOTE 8 ADVANCED TEXTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is it true if you have ATT.. advanced messaging on GALAXY will only work between fellow ATT carriers .. i do not get any text receipts from any friends on verizon.. OR does it have to be the newer galaxy phones only that send receipts? ATT couldnt even answer this.  i also hate using whatsapp to receive text receipts from iphone users! (i am addicted to message receipts) 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arnel
Cosmic Ray

Re: GALAXY NOTE 8 ADVANCED TEXTING

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

Advanced messaging works when both devices are capable and on the same carrier from my experience. Plus both devices must have the option ON.

6 REPLIES 6
j2inet
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know about at&t but I can tell you that any time I am using certain features on text messaging on my phone (T-mobile) they are only applicable when communicating with other T-Mobile users. Similarly if I use advance features while calling (ex:video calling) they are only applicable when talkiing to other people on my network.

I know there were global standards for such things as video calling that would allow iinteroperability between carries. But the USA carriers don't tent to implement these opting for their own (carrier specific) implementations instead.

userxCC6poVyJI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thank you very much for your input. it was helpful.  👍

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION
(i am addicted to message receipts) 

Good way to piss people off and lose friends. I don't always have time to answer texts right away and if someone is so desperate they need to know I got their text that person will quickly end up on my blocked list. That's just Stalking Behavior plain and simple.

userxCC6poVyJI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

its not stalking.. its called-- making sure someone im texting doesnt miss out on something potentially important. sounds like you need better friends. 

Arnel
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

Advanced messaging works when both devices are capable and on the same carrier from my experience. Plus both devices must have the option ON.

Dweathers
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope, not true for me and my fiance, both on At&t and both Samsung, Note 9 and S8+ phones. Just started after we update to Pie 9.