Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Zineturki
Asteroid

GPS stopped working on Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello community,

i recentry bought the Note 8, but after 2 months, i noticed that the gps became defected and coudln't give me my position. 

I tried everything but nothing seems to solve this issue. Anyone experienced this before ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zineturki
Asteroid

Re: GPS stopped working on Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Case solved: i took it to Samsung center and they changed the whole motherboard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
user6tIscktlv9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my Samsung Note 8 gps is not working when open waze and google maps.

Waze and google maps keep showing GPS not found even the phone in the middle of clear sky.

Testing the samsung phone by

- dialing *#0*#

- follow by button SENSOR

-> Magnetic Sensor

When all the sensor value is running. indirectly the sensor is working. I tried to calibrate till the magnetic sensor [pie turn 3 again]. 

Tried to perform factory reset as well. Tested all the method with no avail.

Thinking to get samsung specialize to test. After brought to samsung centre, they  had tried to reset into prior version and it still does not solve this. Samsung centre team tested the hardware and every thing is good. They can't comment much except to ask to change the motherboard.

It seem that, samsung software have serious bug with GPS when use with waze and google maps. Or other words, Google android framework cause gps issues. i strongly believed the software cause the hardware not working. 

Only Samsung can prove this and help the customer

BlackConvoy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmmmmm. I think that it's probably the GPS in the Note8 being trash, probably from a recent security update breaking it; within the last two months, I've had GPS issues with Pokémon GO...and several other Note8 users have had issues as well. "GPS signal not found", despite all signal connections at full strength and Location set to *High Accuracy*.

Zineturki
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Case solved: i took it to Samsung center and they changed the whole motherboard.

View solution in original post