cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqyMcrUyr5c
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 8 Battery Draining Since Oreo Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had battery drowning issue since i have been updated my phone to Android 8.0 Oreo. When I looked at my battery graph and stats it looks like Android system is using a lot of juice. Like 18% for 8-9 hours night time. (Which time is on  airplane and power saving mode) I already cleared apps cache and did wipe cache data too. But nothing works...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userqyMcrUyr5c
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Battery Draining Since Oreo Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yesterday I spoke with samsung customer service and I think we found a solution for the situation. He told me to shutdown my phone and reboot in safe mode (just like normal reboot but when the samsung logo appears hold volume down key). I did this and leave my phone all night on airplane mode (wifi/bluetooth off and power saving on). It just consume 2% for 8 hour night time. So its all about optimization problem for one of my apps. It could be your problem too. I will try to find the app which is need optimization and will contact whit its developer. So anyone who is sufferfing from same issue you should try this way first.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
userHQFPwjhZOs
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Battery Drowning Since Oreo Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue and it is really upsetting!! My battery used to last at least two days. I hope they can fix this issue!!

user8669PA19q6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here I hope they are looking for a fix because I need this issue addressed 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

18% for 8 hours means 2.25% per hour. which will take 44.4 hours to drain 100%. I would say that is remarkably good. I dont know what u guys r complaining about.

userqyMcrUyr5c
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used to do same technique on nougat. Which it was consume 2-3% percent per 8 hour night time. Also 44.5 hour is not a good score for standby time on airplane mode (wifi/bluetooth off and power saver mode on).

usera42pWMqn3v
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dude 18% on airplane mode in 8 hours? that is a lot. airplane mode, when u are sleeping, means u are not using the phone, no notification and no network at all. but it drain 18% in 8 hours? that is a lot. imagine if it's not in airplane mode, probabably 40%.. 

userqyMcrUyr5c
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Battery Draining Since Oreo Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yesterday I spoke with samsung customer service and I think we found a solution for the situation. He told me to shutdown my phone and reboot in safe mode (just like normal reboot but when the samsung logo appears hold volume down key). I did this and leave my phone all night on airplane mode (wifi/bluetooth off and power saving on). It just consume 2% for 8 hour night time. So its all about optimization problem for one of my apps. It could be your problem too. I will try to find the app which is need optimization and will contact whit its developer. So anyone who is sufferfing from same issue you should try this way first.

View solution in original post