cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userd33uRNfbV6
Astronaut

Galaxy Note 8 Charging Port Burnt out

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Plugged in my charger before going to bed last night, fell asleep and within an hour of charging I awoke to a strong burning wire smell. Checked the house of course before realizing it was my Note 8 Charging Port that had burnt up. My wireless charging still works, however my charging port no longer does. What went wrong and how do I get it fixed? I have barely had this phone a month.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Charging Port Burnt out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, I'm glad you were able to find the source quickly, @userd33uRNfbV6.

Would you mind sending me a Private Message so that we can find the best way to help you?

I look forward to helping you find a solution to this!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

54 REPLIES 54
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, I'm glad you were able to find the source quickly, @userd33uRNfbV6.

Would you mind sending me a Private Message so that we can find the best way to help you?

I look forward to helping you find a solution to this!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
user5YnIBLXvS5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the charging port on two of our note 8 an s8 also burned out

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm really sorry to see this, @user5YnIBLXvS5. I hope you are okay!

Would you mind sending me a Private Message so that I can look into your device a little further?

user4Y0tD4VvT1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just burnt out caught on fire and I put it out quickly. I am using the charger that I got with the phone but now my phone won't charger because the cable is bad the port on the phone is no good now. What should I do? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would be nice to sew some pics of the charger, cable end, the port, and the device.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

See some pics.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @user4Y0tD4VvT1, I'm sorry to hear about that, I'm going to reach out to you in PM. Please check your inbox when you get a chance.

user2SYX6rgyV0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has burnt out too. Charging in the car, cable and port damaged. Can cordlessly charge, but USB-C is now no good at all!

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @user2SYX6rgyV0, I'm really sorry to hear about that. Did this happen to you while you were using the charger that came with the device?