cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_Ux33dDA
Constellation

Not long after getting my phone, 2 years ago, i melted on...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not long after getting my phone, 2 years ago, i melted one charging node (the plug into wall part), the original samsung charge node or port, whatever you call it, just burnt out last week as well. I am starting tonhave issues getting my phone to charge as fast as it used to. Also deleted several apps.

Highlighted
OGT_BCH
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Charging Port Burnt out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All of a sudden last week I was hardly able to hear from my top speaker so I reached out to VZW tech support but they weren't able help and I reached out to Samsung and they were only able to tell me my phone is out of warranty...now this morning my phone was so hot it had melted my charging cord and there are burn marks on my phone case. 1566649361609491169694449009239.jpg

What is going on???

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. If you wouldn't mind send me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number.

Graymatterz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, just had same thing happen.  I've used wireless charging since day one on my note 8.  Maybe used the port less than a dozen times (in the car on trips). Gave it to my wife as I got a note 10.  Charged fine day 1 and 2, then no charge day 3.  Obviously out of warranty.  Wireless charging still works...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend taking your device to your nearest UbreakiFix.com They can usually have your device back to you within the same day.