cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Charging Port Burnt out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking to see if you still need assistance.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userZDUCxIP7xb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone didnt burn up visibly but a burnt smell came from it. Its stressing me out as it beeped in the middle of the night. Even my samsung charger smells burnt. Now it seems a portion of the port melted.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userZDUCxIP7xb

I am terribly sorry to hear that. Give me one moment and I will reach out to you in a private message where we can discuss how to best take care of that. Talk to you soon!

alex odegaard
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yesterday i went to charge my samsung s8 i had it on the charger for a few minutes looked to see what the charge was at, it said it was not charging so i pulled the charger out and noticed melting platic on the charger. now my phone will not charge. i have no phone now this phone was bought july 3rd of last year so idk if i have any type of warranty still, i am debating on buying a samsung charging pad in the hopes that it will charge my phone. any suggestions??

alex odegaard
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i went and got a charging pad that seems to work but do if i bought it july 3rd 2017 would the phone still be under manufacture warranty?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When purchased new, our products come with a 1yr standard manufacturer's warranty. That warranty is in effect, (excluding certain conditions not covered under warranty, see your products warranty terms) from the date of purchase listed on your receipt until the same date the following year. Example: purchased 01/01/2018 warranty expires 01/01/2019. 

alex odegaard
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if my year ends tommorrow how would i go about to claim the warranty and would i be able to still use my phone until a new one arrives?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would actually be your device that would be repaired. You would have to speak with your carrier regarding a "loaner" phone. I can get you set up for service if you would like. Can you send me your Full Model Code and IMEI number via private message?

user3mOKl2bTcN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Guys!!!

My phone did the same thing 2 nights ago... The charging port burned while charging and smell of burned plastic was coming out.

Took it to the samsung local dealer and he said the port is not covered by the waranty even if the phone is only 9 months since bought and they refused to repair it because the screen had a small crack on the opposite edge. 

So they offered me a single option to replace the screen and the port and pay 250 euros OR they will not fix the charging  port and they will leave the phone as it is and return it back.

Is this normal ? Is the charging port not covered by the warranty or was i fooled???

Thanks, Angelos

remak316
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had a similar issue with my Note 8 where I was charging for some time, then noticed the water drop at the top which indicates moisture of the screen. When I went to pull out the plug I noticed a smell and saw my plug was bubbling and smoking. Ever since my phone takes 3-4x longer to charge by usb, and always shows the message not the correct usb is being used. My wireless quickcharge take just a little over 2 hours to charge, FASTER then the usb.