cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Charging Port Burnt out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

user4tcI0PxsPB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had a very similar issue with the Galaxy S8. I am thinking it is a defect across both product lines.
user4tcI0PxsPB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i totally agree that it might be a bigger issue than they are letting on.  If it is, i would be very upset with how poorly they handled it.  The person i spoke to on the phone was rude, and i cant give up my only phone for that long.  Luckily verizon was very helpful and is sending me a new phone.  Samsung lost a lot of my respect in this recent dealing.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out, @user4tcI0PxsPB, if you wouldn't mind reaching out via Private Message I'm always happy to help.

I'm glad that you were okay and that's great to hear that you were able to find a solution quickly!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is everyone using the Factory supplied cable and adapter and was it on fast or normal charging? 

user0JZDFgGqRj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think my phone is having similar issue.  At 1st, it starts to show slow charges here and there, then keep getting usb errors when plugging into car or pc.  Now, it starts to not charging.  Seem to get worst.  I called Samsung for help, and they just ask me to reset a few things and ask me to bring it to "you beak i fix"  (I am not going to drive 40 miles and paid for the fix).  Wow... great customer service Samsung.  Now, my Note 8 become a piece of junk.  Need to shop for new phone, BUT IT NOT BE A Samsung.

usergAzMDnHfpt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My samsung 8 did same thing burnt port and now says moisture but symbol wont go away 

user4rWTYXYRGa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Get another Note 8, do you have insurance? 

user5fd9rRWRf7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I can only charge my phone wirelessly now. Thanks samsung for this wonderful 1000.00 brick

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.