cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Invkevin
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Charging Port Burnt out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same Issue  NOTE 8    Was not chrging properly through Samsung Fast Charger and Wire.

Called service they said try another cable and reset my phone over Landline call.  Next day same thing Hot smell of burning and I can see the the port is burned.  Took to service like they said and service want's to charge me to fix it.

Same product issues and Samsung won't fix it the problem for free.

First Note 7's blow up, now Note 8's Burning at Charger port.

Recall this Samsung !

userGEhuWIiSm3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2nd phone in 5 months just went bad.
My first Note8 had severe charging port issues after only a couple months, port didn't burn up but the port was extremely erratic, unable to get it to charge unless you put the cord in and out continuosly and finally make a connection, then usually slow charge, took it back to Verizon and they checked it out and it also didn't charge for them in the store, had to spend $100 under warranty to get a new one.
That was only about 3 months ago, guess what, this new phone is now doing the exact same thing!!!! Unable to get it to charge unless I plus the cord in and out, isn't read at all by my Samsung Oculus Gear, another bad port. This can't be a coincidens, this has to be an issue with the phone. Looks like it needs a recall but after the burning battery fiasco on the last Note I don't think they will do it. Shameful. Going to have to shop another brand.

Invkevin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had to send my phone in for repair after getting FCC and Sprint involved.  Now I get a message that my Note 8 still within the first year of service is "Out of Warranty" with no explainations.  Tried to call Samsung I and get sent to a full mailbox where you can not even leave a message.

I have updated my FCC Case number which has been reopened and kicked back to sprint, and have opened a BBB complaint against Samsung America.

I am on the verge of contacting an attorney to deal with this issue with Sprint and Samsung.

(a) Sprint will not help unless you have added fee insurance, and continues to charge me without me having my phone.

(b) Samsung not providing the repairs under the "One Year Warranty" of an issue, as posted on various websites with this charging port on various Samsung products.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Invkevin

Can I get you to send me your full model code and IMEI number via private number?

Invkevin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsing MOD, 

I sent you the information requested and provided a link to a web page with the Damage photo, When the phone was received email screen shot, and a screen shot of the latest message of the phone being Out of Warranty.  I am currently digital documenting all my emails and chats from Samsung and Sprint. 

Invkevin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the damage that never was Posted

Burned USB-C Port

Invkevin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still waiting for some updates.  Mod's here seem to want to help, but so far nothing is going on past the information they provide.

I call, I get no information. I chat and they say it's being worked on.  

Full details of my expierence between Samsung and Sprint with this Note 8 that had the port burn up. 

Invkevin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After my last post, within an hour I received an email with a tracking number.

Problem found:
WILL NOT CHARGE - PROCESS PART REPLACEMENT - PROCESS PART REPLACEMENT

Solution:
REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED USB CABLE

Invkevin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I received the phone back. The port is changed and is charging as it should be.

The way repair communications was handled by Samsung Phone, Chat, and Email support was a very bad experience.

Once the reps/mods on this forum had gotten involved, the repairs were done and I was kept informed by them of the status of my phone. Samsung needs to put more people like them in other areas of the support channels to improve support..

This whole issue of repair could have kept me from getting fired up if they only did what the forum reps/mods did here.

KUDOS to the Reps/Mods !
userbwLyS996GP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem except the fact that I am using this phone since 9 months. If you have any solution to this problem than please do let me know.