cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userD3XBlO7mAr
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Charging Port Burnt out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For some reason my samsung usb got insanely hot to the touch/burned me when I pulled it out when I smelled burning.

USB charging doesn't seem to work at all / if much anymore. 

I can still charge with wireless charging....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you please send me your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

userhLwIB6qsuB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy 8 burned charging port. Sent to Samsung for warranty Repair and I was rejected as charging port was affected by corrosion caused by contact with water... person I spoke and tried to challenge his decision extremely rude claimed "I am top of the chain and no point to argue with me" . Next I reported his attitude to Complaint department and been told Manager will call me back. No call back from Samsung... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhLwIB6qsuB I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you please send me your full model number and IMEI in a private message? Also can you please provide me a previous ticket number so I can research further what happened.

userPqoJDi9HoA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Samsung,

i came into this forum/due to researchign the same issue. I got my note 8 on Nov 11, 2017 in Samsung store itself in the Philippines and jsut yesterday i got same problem wit hburn smell on the usd charging port. My phone is not charging anymore. I still need to check if wirless is working (i dont have wireless charging device). I am located in Philippines.

If i go to Samsung will they honor this kind of defect and and will not charge me for the repair, as my phone is now out of waranty.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPqoJDi9HoA Can you please send me your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

userKAQwEPQJRJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 8 started smoking and melted part of charging port

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Katiemcg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and my I have noticed my phone overheating but it has not caused a problem until the other night. I woke up and realized my phone smelt burnt and my charger melted into my charger port and will not come out. My phone will not turn on either. This is upsetting that this could happen and I am unsettled to know this has happened to other people before me.  What is the best way to go about this and is there a chance my data is still on my phone?! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number along with any images you may have. http://bit.ly/2XERsky