cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aubrey H
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 8 Horizontal lines on screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 8 that has horizontal lines show up on the screen.  Originally I thought it would be random times when the lines would show up, but I've now found they show up when the brightness of the screen is turned down.  I've restarted the phone and the problem always comes back.  The horizontal lines are not static and are always moving up and down (not scrolling).  If I take a screen shot of the phone, the lines are not present.  Please advise.

Specs:

Phone:  Samsung Note 8

Android Version:  7.1.1

Samsung Experience version:  8.5

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aubrey H
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Horizontal lines on screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone that may find this link, this has was my solution.

Sending my phone into Samsung for 2 weeks to examine the phone was not an option for me.  Fortuanantly, a Best Buy near me is an authorized Samsung Repair Center.  They replaced my LCD panel which did not resolve the problem.  The only other part that would cause this issue is the video chipset which is integrated into the motherboard.  They called Samsung and they are shipping me a replacement phone.  I'm not sure if it's new or refurbished though.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Samhnn
Halo

Galaxy Note 8 Horizontal lines on screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same problem.
Aubrey H
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are moderators not available for help on here?  I may need to start posting on multiple social media accounts and youtube to get any traction.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samhnn & @userbI4nzwOn27  I'm truly sorry to hear you both are experiencing this. If you have already done troubleshooting to the point of performing a factory reset on your device and you still see these lines, I would recommend reaching out to one of other lines of support for immediate 1-on-1 assistance and see about setting up an evaluation and possible repair for your device. You can reach out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/samsungsupport) or by calling 1 (800) 726-7864.

Aubrey H
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well that experience was disappointing.  Basically I have to send my phone in for 5-7 buisness days and wait for Samsung to evaluate it.  Who is able to be without a cell phone for that amount of time these days?  This is my first time back to Samsung since the s3 and I get a defective phone, fun times.

Aubrey H
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone that may find this link, this has was my solution.

Sending my phone into Samsung for 2 weeks to examine the phone was not an option for me.  Fortuanantly, a Best Buy near me is an authorized Samsung Repair Center.  They replaced my LCD panel which did not resolve the problem.  The only other part that would cause this issue is the video chipset which is integrated into the motherboard.  They called Samsung and they are shipping me a replacement phone.  I'm not sure if it's new or refurbished though.

View solution in original post

user1VF137YC2Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did they send you a new or refurbished phone? How long did it take?

GTNMNEY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here... Been happening for about 1 month so far. Guess it's time to give them a call about it

userkt0SA5NkkZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep same issue for me it can be annoying sometimes when I want to use my phone on low brightness they show up especially on a darker background

userfUP4IC7Him
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How much it costed for you