Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user336qxek3yN
Constellation

Galaxy Note 8 Issues: App Drawer disappeared

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From the home page is a widget which is white with 6 black dots. Until today this opened the apps drawer. Until today the app drawer had three black dots at the top of the right of the screen that let me change how to sort app.

The app drawer widget opens a page with only  three apps  and the three dot menu button is gone. There is search app box that does find any app I ask for. 

If I ask Bixby to open app drawer it takes me to Home page.

If I go to settings/Apps I can see a list of my installed apps.

Swiping from bottom up does not do anything 

What happened? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CBCpaul
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Note 8 Issues: App Drawer disappeared

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found the solution, check out: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-fix-google-now-launcher-issues-galaxy-note-7

Basically, have to uninstall secure folder. And every time an app updates within secure folder, the app disappearing issue will come up again. So it sounds like to better not use secure folder. 

4 REPLIES 4
CBCpaul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to me too. It seems like the apps are still installed but only Facebook and fb messenger shows up... This is worse than note 7 phone blowing up.... Frustrated.... 

CBCpaul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seems to be happening only under Google Now Launcher home screen

CBCpaul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found the solution, check out: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-fix-google-now-launcher-issues-galaxy-note-7

Basically, have to uninstall secure folder. And every time an app updates within secure folder, the app disappearing issue will come up again. So it sounds like to better not use secure folder. 

user336qxek3yN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, after I uninstalled secured folder and restarted phone my app drawer is back.

Thanks!