cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userKQt6NNYCcg
Constellation

Galaxy Note 8: Plugged in headphones, but notification sounds still play through phone speaker.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been through many smart phones in my life time, iphones, nexus's, motorola droids.  Every one of them plays their notifications through the headphones when they are plugged in.  Am I the only one having this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userKQt6NNYCcg
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8: Plugged in headphones, but notification sounds still play through phone speaker.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK solved my issue.  For future google searchers, I needed to install Samsung Connect and just run it to have it configured.  I then connected a bluetooth device, switch back and forth with the headset and that seemed to correct the behavior.

2 REPLIES 2
userKQt6NNYCcg
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8: Plugged in headphones, but notification sounds still play through phone speaker.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK solved my issue.  For future google searchers, I needed to install Samsung Connect and just run it to have it configured.  I then connected a bluetooth device, switch back and forth with the headset and that seemed to correct the behavior.

useriEqpQYFnO6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah absolutely  not the solution.

I have had an S3, S4, S5, S6 Edge, S7 Edge and Now a Note 8.  I have NEVER had this issue before until today when I opened up my Note 8.

No idea how to fix it... this is a bug clearly this is not a "feature" as samsung has claimed it is.