cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userddfGEQz2hQ
Constellation

Galaxy Note 8 screen burn in

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I purchase my Note 8 approximately 3 months now from AT & T. I have reached out today to AT & T to which they have stated yes my phone is still under the one-year warranty from the manufacturer Samsung. Now this would not be covered under warranty and I would have to use my insurance and have to pay a deductible in order to have the phone replaced. Otherwise because of Samsung guidelines I have reach and contact Samsung.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Derek1124SEC
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Note 8 screen burn in

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are under 365 days of the origianal purchase of your phone, Samsung will not charge you to send your phone in. Once they verify the IMEI number of your phone to the original receipt wherever you purchased it, they will replace the screen (in this case) and send it back to you. You do not need to have a card on file or deductable. However, if the screen is cracked or damaged from an accident and not related to the burn in, then they will charge you for a new screen or simple send the phone back to you without any repairs. If you have any other questions, please call 1-800-Samsung (726-7864) for details. Did this help you?

Derek
Lead Samsung SEC
23 REPLIES 23

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Samsung has officially acknowledged the Screen Burn. in their statement, they mentioned working on a software update to remove or shadow the burn. In this case there isnt much you can do but just wait for the update thats developed specificall to sort the issue out

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and IMEI number of the device.

userWEzAeEylQf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I too have a screen burn in. One half of my screen is slightly lighter than the other(in this case the top part of the screen is darker). I've always used auto brightness and basically never have it on 100%. I got the Note 8 this past March from At&t, could you assist me with this issue?

Derek1124SEC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the phone is only a month old, go to a UBreakIFix location and get the oled panel switched out. You'll get it back usually in that day since it's still under warranty.

Derek
Lead Samsung SEC
EFLORES
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I reach out to you on this? I have a note 8 I bought in February and have my home page icons burned into any white screen, please let me know @SamsungMichelle

Eduardo

@SamsungMichelle wrote:

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and IMEI number of the device.

Swbsam54
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just noticed the screen burn in yesterday,  I've had my Note 8 for 11 months and 15 days, I called Verizon and they are sending me a replacement,  I asked if their $3.00 a month extended warranty would cover this problem in the future as the the replacement only has a 90 day warranty and said yes, so for $3.00 a month I'll be covered  😀

userbeccuxlDBI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue, phone bought from Best Buy just about a year ago...any update/resolution?

userEEAwHeqSc5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is just under one year warranty.   BestBuy said you pay money down (or a hold) while the send your phone off and you receive a refurb.  They do not fix just replace with a refurb.  

Is this correct?

Derek1124SEC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are under 365 days of the origianal purchase of your phone, Samsung will not charge you to send your phone in. Once they verify the IMEI number of your phone to the original receipt wherever you purchased it, they will replace the screen (in this case) and send it back to you. You do not need to have a card on file or deductable. However, if the screen is cracked or damaged from an accident and not related to the burn in, then they will charge you for a new screen or simple send the phone back to you without any repairs. If you have any other questions, please call 1-800-Samsung (726-7864) for details. Did this help you?

Derek
Lead Samsung SEC