Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

maximvshill
Constellation

Yep. Nothing works.

Supernova

I understand @maximvshill If you have done all of the recommended troubleshooting including a factory reset and your device is still unresponsive, I would recommend reaching out to one of other lines of support for immediate 1-on-1 assistance and see about setting up an evaluation and possible repair for your device. You can reach out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/samsungsupport) or by calling 1 (800) 726-7864.

user5CidVupMce
Constellation

I'm having the same problem as you, cant pull down the notification/settings menu. I can do it with the S-Pen or with fingerprint sensor gesture... Yes fingers and screan are clean... Yes i removed the protective case, Yes there is no tempered glass installed, Yes i reboot in safe mode, Yes device and apps are all updated, Yes i tried almost everything written in forums etc.... NOTHING!!!!! Devise is 2 days old!!!! Unbelievable!!! 

Also from time to time the device freezes and this can be corected by locking/umlocking the device... 

This is a great failure.... I never had any such issues with Huawei or Xiaomi devices... never... and now i choose a very expensive device top of the line from Sammy and this is what i get??? Unbelievable!!! 

thanks for showing the steps you have done. Who is your carrier and is you sytem on latest updates as well as app updates. The latest update a little while back allows you to pull down the notifications on the home screen from anywhere on the screen, not just from the top. So am I getting this right. You can't swipe down  anywhere on the home screen to show notifications? Thanks.

useryEuLglinJA
Astronaut

Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

Yes!!!!. wtf??
userfNkrv8B0bb
Astronaut

I just bought a Note 8.  It doesn't respond to fingers well with tempered glass screen protector.    I adjusted the touch to the lightest and it doesn't help.   I guess I will return this and go back to iphone.   This is ridiculous.    A tempered screen protector should be anticipated 

Supernova

@userfNkrv8B0bb Have you tried using your device with another screen protector?

userWMERj3NDfL
Astronaut

Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

had the same problem apparently it was caused by a Bixby button remapper...uninstalled mine and it's working much better
userESZZHeWbl3
Constellation

Hi all. 

I had the same problem with my Note 8 from the wery beginning of my ownership, that started on the release date for the phone. 

Yesterday I got a new update for my Note 8, and it actually looks like this update fixed my screen issue. I've been using it for 24 hours after the update, and not once has the screen been unresponsive. Before this update the screen was unresponsive all the time...

Greetings from Norway.