cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRPuF0kXphL
Astronaut

Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

just got my note 8. when I use the pull down menu and try to select the settings icon, it will not respond to touch. I made the sensitivity setting lighter to no avail. works fine with the pen though. Don B

Re: Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

Do you also have a screen protector on? If so, it just my be that the protector is not making contact in that spot.

user3XZjdPd8gC
Astronaut

Galaxy Note 8 screen unresponsive.

My phone is currently doing this at this moment I am able to use my S pen but nothing else works besides the button
userEzZiCcDkB1
Constellation

Yup my note 8 have a same problem
chihuahua_lover
Astronaut

I got my phone Nov. 18th and after 3 weeks it started doing the exact same thing. Went back to the AT&T retailer & they tried a few things & said to take it home. It seemed "ok" for about a half hour then it was back to the same thing. Went back to AT&T a couple days later and they called Samsung. They were absolutely no help. So the AT&T guy says to take it home & wait for a software update. So here I sit, with a spendy phone & can only use the S Pen. When I asked if I could get a new phone, I was told it would be refurbished.....seriously? 3 weeks old & almost $1000. I'm not taking a used phone. Samsung needs to make this right!!

user4fkv3Y2vwV
Constellation

Do you still have this issue?

I recently bought note 8 and having the same problem

What should I Do?

Supernova

Hi @user4fkv3Y2vwV If it is completely unresponsive, even during charging, I would recommend taking the device back to where you purchased it or reaching out to one of other lines of support to set up an evaluation. You can reach out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/samsungsupport) or by calling 1 (800) 726-7864.

userzAT2GzDM2K
Constellation

This was happening to me I called Verizon th during are replaceing it.. It will do. It more frequently 

userrinQoEUuqU
Astronaut

My problem is that the screen has become poorly responsive. I need to lock the phone, unlock it, and then it will work for a minute or two, and then I need to repeat the process. I suspect software bugs rather than physical issues. Did anybody manage to resolve the problem with a factory reset?

user0S9nKIvZef
Constellation

I AM EXPERIENCING THIS SAME PROBLEM RIGHT NOW WHAT DO I DO?????? 

The real dilema is that i am going on holiday today and its only started to happen yesterday.