cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraLgnWTtlpg
Constellation

Galaxy Note 8 will not exit any application while in Landscape mode nor will unlock screen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone....My new Galaxy Note 8 will not exit any application while in Landscape mode, it always freezes until I move the phone to the upright position it exits... Or if the screen is Off,  the phone will not unlock until I move it to the upright position.- While in the main screen, if the phone is in landscape mode it freezes, in order for everything to work, I have to move it to the upright position...Never had this Issue with Galaxy S5, I also have a Galaxy S7 Edge, does NOT have this issue.....

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? or if there is anything i may try to correct it?

Tech Support told me is a developers issue.... (the phone will not unlock while in landscape mode or exit some applications) Well my phone will not work at all in landscape position.

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
useraLgnWTtlpg
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 8 will not exit any application while in Landscape mode nor will unlock screen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Thanks for checking on my Note 8 issue...

I tried many setting on my phone, including soft reset and hard reset but nothing fixed the problem...so I backed up all my information and did a complete reset (factory reset) when everything was set and done, I tested my phomne with many applications and the issue was gone....so I have no idea why made it do that, but the issues is fixed by doing a complete reset....Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Galaxy Note 8 will not exit any application while in Landscape mode nor will unlock screen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @useraLgnWTtlpg. Thanks for sharing your experience with the Community. That sounds like a hassle to have to deal with. When did this first start happening? Is it with every single application? Also you mentioned having spoken to tech support about this, was this with our Samsung line at all and if so, what troubleshooting steps did you try with them? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useraLgnWTtlpg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Thanks for checking on my Note 8 issue...

I tried many setting on my phone, including soft reset and hard reset but nothing fixed the problem...so I backed up all my information and did a complete reset (factory reset) when everything was set and done, I tested my phomne with many applications and the issue was gone....so I have no idea why made it do that, but the issues is fixed by doing a complete reset....Thanks.