cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy note 8 front facing camera glitch

I am having same issue.  My top area of screen is doubling in front facing camera.  Anyone have a solution to fix this?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this occur when the device is in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi Samsung Steph. It does even when in safe mode. I also updated my System software and camera app software but it still shows the lines. After smacking the phone some couple of times as suggested by others in the community, the lines faded a little bit but not completely. 

Highlighted
Constellation

the same issue started for me after the jan 2020 security update, i went to ubreakifix location they said they can't repair my phone since the back cover was replaced by someone else even though my phone has ran out of warranty, i then called samsung and they said yes ubreakfix will not repair since the phone was repaired by someone else, i asked why and they said that i voided my warranty, i then asked how can you void warranty if the phone is already out of warranty(unbelievable), they finally said thats fine you can send in the phone via mail to us, but i would havr to make a payment of $70.31 first, i made the payment and sent my phone in, today after almost a week i got an email saying that i need to pay another $219.80 for samsung to do a "lcd assembly repair", i called samsung again today asking what this charges are about and to understand that how is charges came about, the rep said he was going to transfer my call to the service center since he didn't know how the technician came to that conclusion, while i was on hold the automated message said the service center is now closed and to call back on regular hours, i called samsung again asking what's going on here, the rep said this are the charges and i said just cancel the ticket since this is ridiculous, how is lcd assembly has anything to do with the front camera not working correctly, the rep said for the center to process the cancel order it will take another 3 to 5 business days, so that bascially monday since today is friday and their closed now, i told the rep to keep the ticket open for right now and i will call again so that i can speak with a technician to understant how they came to the conculsion, but i will still be cancelling the ticket since its absolutly ridiculous to spend $290+, when you can get this same phone on amazon for "renew" at the same price. 

Constellation

i finally contacted samsung on monday and they said that they have replace the lcd screen but that has nothing to do with the camera problem that i stated, and they said yes, but this repair will would be a software and hardware fix, but i asked them why, i know that my screen has some burn in image but i don't want to replace the screen, i just want the camera to be fixed, the rep said that this is the company policy, i mean this is absolutly the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard, i even told the rep on phone, this is like taking your car to a mechanic for doing a software update and the guy tells you that he has to change the entire engine to just do a software update, this is unacceptable, and to top it all off i got an email today from samsung that my ticket was cancelled today and they just shippied the phone back to me without just fixing the camera problem, and i told they to do it on monday, today is thrusday, i have been 2 weeks with a proper phone, if i don't get contacted by samsung, after going through this horrible exp, i will never buy samsung products again.

Highlighted
Constellation

On 3/20, my front camera started the glitch also. It seems after updates something goes wrong. Last year w 1 upgrade it did it with my camera memory, 2nd time it messed up my GPS n this time It made my front camera glitch. Has to be all software problems but there's no fix I've heard of as of yet.