cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy note 8 front facing camera glitch

@userRFrjrWUmFf Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

userfGfZuIBLFv
Constellation

Going to answer a few questions posed since I posted at the end of September 2018:  the issue persisted until the major android update pushed in October or November.  Since then the issue has returned.  The issue persists in safe mode as well as in camera test using the *#0*# dial code "front camera" test.  I've tried wiping the cache partition and resetting the camera app to defaults; neither worked.  Additionally, the distortion changes depending on when I check.  Sometimes it affects half the screen, other times it's only the top fifth, and sometimes its almost gone.  I'm waiting for the next major update to come out as I suspect whatever bug in the OS is causing the issue is reset by a clean update.  I have not yet tried a factory reset.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userfGfZuIBLFv Thanks for reaching out. You have done most of the troubleshooting steps. From what you posted the next troubleshooting step is performing a factory reset. Before the you perform a factory reset make sure you back up your information.

userRFrjrWUmFf
Asteroid

Can you please tell me other options here? I have had dozens of Samsung phones. Every single one of them has had issues, and every time I'm told I'm the only one having this issue (I just discovered these forums). I really love Samsung phones but I'm getting so frustrated that I'm not sure I can still with them. This particular model has been great, other than the fact that there's a "slow charging" issue that again I'm being told isn't a known issue. So now couples with this selfie issue.. again getting to be more hassle than it's worth 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userRFrjrWUmFf, Are you using a ccertified Samsung USB cable/charger that came with your device?

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps for fast charging your device? 

You can locate those steps here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062589/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRFrjrWUmFf
Asteroid

Although it's not a fix, I appreciate your reply so I don't bother going through the same steps. I love Samsung phones, but honestly have never owned one that didn't have widespread issues. My last Samsung cracked from the inside due to battery swelling (the technician told me that was the cause) and I was told that it didn't matter what caused it, cracked screen wasn't under warranty. Getting beyond frustrating. 

userTw06tcfykJ
Constellation

I got the pie update day before yesterday and I too have the same issue with the front camera .mine is a T-MOBILE version .the issue persists in safe mode too .I tried the basic troubleshooting steps(camera settings reset, clear data/cache & factory reset phone) , but the issue is still there. Can you please help me out in fixing it?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userTw06tcfykJ Will you please send a PM with your full model code, IMEI, and Baseband version? http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Jjgil2000
Constellation

I know this is more than a year after this post was created but I just started having the same issue. Is there a fix for this yet?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Jjgil2000 What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?