cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How Can I take a screen shot on my Note 8

I have pressed the Bixby button on the side of my cellphone to take a screen shot till recently. When I press the Bixby button now, I am sent to the Bixby main page? My Bixby no longer speaks to me, how can I fix this?

I appreciate any help I can get to fix this.

Jackie O.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How Can I take a screen shot on my Note 8

If you press and hold the Bixby button does Bixby voice pop up? Are you using Android 8 or 9?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem here. Android 9. Bixby doesn't even pop up. Basically a dead button now ☹️

Samsung Care Ambassador

@jackie-d_o16 an alternate way to take a screen shot is the volume down+power key.

When is comes to Bixby, have you attempted to clear the cache in the Bixby Voice app?

Highlighted
Constellation

My Note 8 to take a screenshot I swipe my hand across the screen and it takes them.

Highlighted

Another way to get exactly what you want instead of a full screen would be to use your S Pen, click on the button on the pen while pointing at your screen, hit smart select and get just the perfect crop that you need.