cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
userD7SIupi2BQ
Asteroid

How do I add a contact from number in the phone call log? In standards android this appears to easy

JUMP TO SOLUTION
On Note8 how do I add a contact from the numbers shown in the phone call log? I cannot find the option from the phone log. A long press will only let me delete an entry. I currently have to remember or write down new numbers from the phone call log before adding them to contacts. It is very inconvenient. This should be simple process instead.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gaurand
Constellation

Don't long press. Just tap the the number from the log.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How do I add a contact from number in the phone call log? In standards android this appears to

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userD7SIupi2BQ πŸ˜

userD7SIupi2BQ
Asteroid

Re: How do I add a contact from number in the phone call log? In standards android this appears to

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for helping but after a long press on a number the only option available to me is the delete button at the bottom.  There is no drop down menu at the top.  The only other buttons available are the default sliders at the bottom (switch app/home/back).    I also checked permissions in case I prevented Contacts from accessing Phone Log at some point, but they both have full permissions.

gaurand
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userD7SIupi2BQ
Asteroid

Re: Don't long press. Just tap the the number from the log.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So easy!!  To think I have been struggling with this for so long.  It works!  I cannot thank you enough.  Smiley Happy

gaurand
Constellation

Re: Don't long press. Just tap the the number from the log.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

no problem. glad to clarify. logically, long press makes more sense to me, but what do i know?