cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How do you remove the Google advertisement from the lock screen on the Note 8?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Halo

Re: How do you remove the Google advertisement from the lock screen on the Note 8?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting. I've never seen that before. And that's not how my charging screen on my Note 8 looks either. 

I did some searching though and found mention to a feature that allows third party applications to display advertisements on your screen when it is charging (see this).  If that's at play here then this advertisement came from an application that was installed.  From the site on which I found this information:

You can find out if an app is a culprit in serving ads this way by heading to Settings – Developer Options – Running Services, and tapping each app individually. Inside you may find an app running a service called “ChargeLockerService”. This is the bit that could be serving you ads – you’ll have to switch the app off or uninstall, then reinstall to check.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Halo

Re: How do you remove the Google advertisement from the lock screen on the Note 8?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What advertisement do you see? Can you take a screenshot and post it?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting. I've never seen that before. And that's not how my charging screen on my Note 8 looks either. 

I did some searching though and found mention to a feature that allows third party applications to display advertisements on your screen when it is charging (see this).  If that's at play here then this advertisement came from an application that was installed.  From the site on which I found this information:

You can find out if an app is a culprit in serving ads this way by heading to Settings – Developer Options – Running Services, and tapping each app individually. Inside you may find an app running a service called “ChargeLockerService”. This is the bit that could be serving you ads – you’ll have to switch the app off or uninstall, then reinstall to check.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you I will try this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have removed all the recent apps I installed and I still have the same issue. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you downloaded some kind of 'cleaner' app? Something that frees up space and memory? Or claims to boost charge speed?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userX6uYYUhBJ1 that definitely isn't the standard lock screen. A third party app is causing the ads. You will have to remove it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Best way to grow off as well as online is Google advertisements. Usage of long and short tail keywords are greatly explained under Adwords Management with applications as well. Back linking and quality content also matter a lot. Will once take advice from my friend regarding the platform and developing measures to be used.