cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3eMwBYKIot
Asteroid

I guess Im just 1 of 100s Note 8 owner that had charging port and cable burn out and melt plastic

This is straight dangerous! Note 8 almost started a fire overnight while charging. The smell woke me up quickly to find the lower half of phone (including the screen) too hot to touch with the original USB cable attached to phone and melting. Slight burn damage to my nightstand from the cable melting and phone overheating. 

This is obviously a defective part and I am confident that if I didnt wake up when I did a fire would have started. It was literally that hot!

I assume that there is no recall and I have to pay to repair it. Which basically means Samsung knowing this was a problem chose to ignore it and pretend it wasn't a known issue. That is dirty Samsung. Your product put my life in jeopardy because I was unaware of the problem untill it happened to me just like 100's maybe 1000s of other customers! Now I will have to pay to repair it?! WOW!THIS IS CRIMINAL NEGLECT as far as I'm concerned. If things remain as they are now without some form of satisfactory solution in this matter I swear the Note 8 will be the very last Samsung product I purchase.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I guess Im just 1 of 100s Note 8 owner that had charging port and cable burn out and melt pla...

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please get your full model number, IMEI, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

Re: I guess Im just 1 of 100s Note 8 owner that had charging port and cable bu..

Did you get the phone within a year of it's release?

user3eMwBYKIot
Asteroid

Re: I guess Im just 1 of 100s Note 8 owner that had charging port and cable bu..

No . I dont see the revelanse in your question. A obvious defect in 100s (probably 1000s) of phones is a neglected problem regardless of when someone purchased it.

userfdKGdA2Yz0
Constellation

I got mine the day of it's release. And yes, it happened to me too. What's the relevance?

I just use wireless charging

user3eMwBYKIot
Asteroid

Meet too for now but let's be honest . Wireless charging is so painfully slow and inconvenient because you can't use it while its charging it just further destroys the user experience in this situation.

userK33iszx0yH
Cosmic Ray

Charging overnight is not only dangerous but screws up your battery

Not highly recommend

user3eMwBYKIot
Asteroid

That statement is so stupid I wasn't going to reply. But answer me this. If charging over night isn't recommended then . A. Isn't recommended by who? You ? If so why should your opinion matter if it's not Samsungs official recomendation?

And B.  If overnight charging 8snt recommended THEN WHEN IS IT RECOMENDID ? WHEN I'M WORKING AND DONT HAVE TIME? 

userK33iszx0yH
Cosmic Ray

Your liability not mine 

You can do yourself a favor and look up tips on healthy battery life 

It is not my opinion either way 

You are the one with a damaged battery not me