cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

IMEI not showing after update

My handset not showing network, IMEI number after installation of update. please guide

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: IMEI not showing after update

Sounds like the firmware for the modem side of your phone was corrupted. You might be ending up having to get a new phone.
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: IMEI not showing after update

UPDATE: found solution, at least for me. ##72786# from the dialer forced phone to repair with the carrier. it rebooted a few times, issue resolved. I wish others the best of luck!

I have a note 8 as well and suffer from the same problem after the update. search news articles ,reddit, and this community forum and you will find others with the same problem. It looks like they posted solutions for Indian phones but my phone is a US phone and I have read fewer cases for US phones, and I have not seen a solution. I have found out though if I eject and insert the SIM card and update the PRL and profile, or some combination of the above steps, thenIthen can at least get text and data to work but no voice. Then after a while it might stop working. If I reboot the phone then I get the IMEI issues as well as no network coverage at all. This all started after the update. I've tried chatting with several people using the members app and it's pretty much useless. It was suggested I submit my error log which I did using the members app. TheyyThey will have yougyou through all the steps of resetting things etc,but everyone seems to ignore the fact that there are posts all over the place with people stating this problem after the update. Anyone else with the note 8 should NOT install the July update. It's not worth the risk of having a phone that can't make phone calls. What's more frustrating is, if you're someone who buys your phone outright, then you can't really go to the carrier or anything and you're just stuck trying to deal with Samsung. I would love to see someone from Samsung please respond. My phone was a carrier unlocked note 8 950u.I suspect it's the carrier unlock part and maybe that's why they haven't had as many reports from the US? But that's just a guess. What type of phone do you have? Is it unlocked also? This was all dictated from my phone and for some reason it did not come out very well I tried to quickly correct some mistakes.