cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musab_911
Asteroid

If Note 8 won't get Android 10 .. Goodbye then Samsung

Samsung is making another bad decision on neglecting their clients who always support their Note series .. I've been loyal customer for Notes since the beginning.. but this is totally unacceptable.. we only got Android 9 update .. which is 1 major update for the phone .. not 2 as what they usually do .. spending a 1000 euros on a phone which will be out of android support after couple of years is outrageous.. now for sure I'll step down from buying Samsung products anymore .. I'll switch to Google phones instead .. at least they respect their customers .. or even switch to Apple .. but Samsung is done for me .. how bad is this to end a good customer relationship.. I think many people like me will switch and you're losing us all Samsung .. think again about your actions..

27 REPLIES 27
Samsung_jSPGH3Y
Astronaut

Re: If Note 8 won't get Android 10 .. Goodbye then Samsung

Good luck.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Android does give 2 major updates. You are incorrect about already receiving just 1. The note 8 came with android 7 nougat. The 1st update was android 8 oreo. The 2nd and last major update was android 9 pie

Musab_911
Asteroid

when i bought my Note 8 in October 2017, it was 1 month after the release of the device itself, and it came with Android 8 already. Not 7 as you mentioned. @SJohnson  

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Musab_911 

It shipped with Android 7. You already had 2 major updates 

Musab_911
Asteroid

you keep arguing me that it came with Android 7 and am telling you that it came with 8, i know what i got and how i got it

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Musab_911 

Android 8 was not released to the Note 8 until April 2018. There is no way you could have received Android 8 on your Note 8 device one month after its release. All Note 8 devices came with Android 7 nougat. Android 8 was released April 2018 followed by Android 9 which makes two major releases

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Musab_911 

Maybe your phone didn't, but the model did come out with Android 7. The 2 update promise is not based on when you bought your device, but what OS it came out with. @SJohnson is absolutely right.

And did you serious say Google and Apple care about their customers? That's a good oneSmiley Very Happy 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
??
Astronaut

Google isn't any better :/

Vjshiv86
Asteroid

By time note 8 was released Android 8 was already release yet the note 8 got released with Android 7. Also if Samsung is saying they are competing with apple. Apple still gives is update to iPhone 6s. Which release in 2015.

Note 8 relased in August 2017. Spending 1000$ on phone which gets is update for 2 years is pretty insane. I feel stupid to buy this phone now.....