cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palegic516
Constellation

Issue With Ear Speaker and Samsung Refuses to Service

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having an issue with hearing out of my ear speaker when on calls. Because I use my phone for work, as a loyal customer I could not wait so I purchased a new Note 10. However I still want to get my ear speaker repaired because the phone is in fantasic condition. Also, as a side note the picture quality on my Note 8 is far superior to the Note 10. 

I brought my phone into my local Samsung store (one of three in the country) and they agreed the ear peice failed to produce quality sound. They came back out 15 minutes later and told me I would have to leave it for service ($60) and could pick up noon the next day as I am 6 months out of warranty. No problem...

Today, I went into the store and they brought my phone out and explained that they could not fix it. There were some other items (my screen) which did not pass some "benchmark" test and they were forcing me to replace the screen for another $260. There is nothing wrong with my screen (it is brighter, and has a better resolution than my Note 10). However they would not service unless I did both. 

Samsung claims that they will not service my phone unless they can bring it back to 100% however when I asked if they would be also repairing the slightly worn edged and minor scratches they stubled on their words about 100%. They say they NEED to bring it back to 100% because they re-warranty the phone. When I asked what the warranty was, to my surprise they mentioned it was only 90 days. So, they are claiming to fix all 100% but then only give 25% of the warranty. Very Dissapointing. 

Obviously its not cost effective to spend almost $300 on fixing a 3 year old phone. 

Question is A: Is there anyway that I can take this request up higher through Samsung...?

Question B is: Is there anywhere I can go to repair the speaker only...?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Issue With Ear Speaker and Samsung Refuses to Service

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Palegic516 wrote:

I was having an issue with hearing out of my ear speaker when on calls. Because I use my phone for work, as a loyal customer I could not wait so I purchased a new Note 10. However I still want to get my ear speaker repaired because the phone is in fantasic condition. Also, as a side note the picture quality on my Note 8 is far superior to the Note 10. 

I brought my phone into my local Samsung store (one of three in the country) and they agreed the ear peice failed to produce quality sound. They came back out 15 minutes later and told me I would have to leave it for service ($60) and could pick up noon the next day as I am 6 months out of warranty. No problem...

Today, I went into the store and they brought my phone out and explained that they could not fix it. There were some other items (my screen) which did not pass some "benchmark" test and they were forcing me to replace the screen for another $260. There is nothing wrong with my screen (it is brighter, and has a better resolution than my Note 10). However they would not service unless I did both. 

Samsung claims that they will not service my phone unless they can bring it back to 100% however when I asked if they would be also repairing the slightly worn edged and minor scratches they stubled on their words about 100%. They say they NEED to bring it back to 100% because they re-warranty the phone. When I asked what the warranty was, to my surprise they mentioned it was only 90 days. So, they are claiming to fix all 100% but then only give 25% of the warranty. Very Dissapointing. 

Obviously its not cost effective to spend almost $300 on fixing a 3 year old phone. 

Question is A: Is there anyway that I can take this request up higher through Samsung...?

Oh...it reminds me of Apple.  Users with cracked screen, but has other issue in the phone couldn't ask apple for warranty repair unless screen was fixed.  

I think what Samsung wanted to do is refurbish the phone which is usually covered by 90 days.  If there is possibilty not give you that 90 day warranty and fix the earpiece instead, try that.

For the B item: You can just find another phone repair shop(ubreakifix will probably try to fix the screen and the speaker as Samsung).  Search online for reputable rapair shop, ask around.

5 REPLIES 5
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Palegic516 wrote:

Oh...it reminds me of Apple.  Users with cracked screen, but has other issue in the phone couldn't ask apple for warranty repair unless screen was fixed.  

I think what Samsung wanted to do is refurbish the phone which is usually covered by 90 days.  If there is possibilty not give you that 90 day warranty and fix the earpiece instead, try that.

For the B item: You can just find another phone repair shop(ubreakifix will probably try to fix the screen and the speaker as Samsung).  Search online for reputable rapair shop, ask around.

Palegic516
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Local repair shop had the earpeice speaker in stock. 20 minute fix while I waited and its now covered by their warranty for 180 days. 

Basically long story short is Samsung was trying to avoid liability and maximize profits. The amount of people they do this to on a daily basis drives a ton of revenue. 

Its insane that the speaker went bad on a 18 month old phone to begin with. I have had Samsung Notes since the Note 2...my phones for years never had a hardware issue, other than slowing down with increasingly resource intensive software updates. That is to be expected. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Palegic516 wrote:

Local repair shop had the earpeice speaker in stock. 20 minute fix while I waited and its now covered by their warranty for 180 days. 

Basically long story short is Samsung was trying to avoid liability and maximize profits. The amount of people they do this to on a daily basis drives a ton of revenue. 

Its insane that the speaker went bad on a 18 month old phone to begin with. I have had Samsung Notes since the Note 2...my phones for years never had a hardware issue, other than slowing down with increasingly resource intensive software updates. That is to be expected. 

Great!  Nice to hear!  The sad part is that over the years quality pretty much of everything is going down as manufacturers cut corners and use cheaper parts such as plastic instead of a better material as it used to do.  Customers suffer, quality goind down, but the funny thing is that prices go up...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Palegic516 I would be happy to assist you further with these symptoms. Can I please have your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

user9O8HUMm8FV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Palegic516 hello same issue here problem started right after warranty ended. With me and my husband's galaxy note 8 phones I asked them why do we have to pay for issues that are not our doing it is obvious it is with your equipment and purposely done to benefit Samsung financially sure I have a small crack that has nothing to do with the ear speaker. Can you help us.