cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WalterDWormack
Cosmic Ray

Just how do you get Samsung Smartswitch to run on Windows 7 PCs?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings, "SamsungTrevor", sir.

Thank, you for taking the time to help me in my 'misguided' efforts to use Samsung 'KIES'.  I regret that the KIES program can't be used to enact data transfer, from Samsung devices, like my Note 4, and Note 8, to my Western Digital "Passport Plus", 2TB hard drive, via my HP Pavilion Entertainment notebook computer.

The computer, is 'STILL', using Windows 7, ('upgraded' to Windows 7, 'Ultimate' by the way. (Sorry, I don't 'do' too much "internet 'tech'  shorthand.)).

Anyway, I've 'managed' to download the KIES 'successor', 'Smartswitch'. But try as I might, I just CAN'T get the program to 'install', on my computer.  I get a message telling me, WHY 'Smartswitch', won't 'install'/'run', on my computer, but I just 'CAN'T' discern exactly what it MEANS. Here's the "error message", "word-for-word".

--------------------------------------------------- 

"E:\Samsung\Smart Switch PC\SmartSwitch-PC-Downloads 05-23-2018\SmartSwitchPC_setup.exe"

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line systrace.exe tool for more detail

----------------------------------------------------

Is there ANY chance, AT ALL, that you, or someone at Samsung can make any sense, of just exactly WHAT I am supposed to do to correct the apparent 'glitch', that is 'preventing' Smartswitch from running on my pc.

Thanking you, in advance. 

Respectfully (PERPLEXED???)....

Walter D Wormack. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Just how do you get Samsung Smartswitch to run on Windows 7 PCs?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to see if you are able to find a solution with your carrier.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

2 REPLIES 2
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @WalterDWormack, have you attempted to reach out to your carrier to see if they are able to transfer your data between your devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to see if you are able to find a solution with your carrier.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!