Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userjF026gpr4i
Constellation

Kies Owner Permission?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and cant get it to work with Kies no matter what I do. Everytime I try it gives me a popup that says "Only the device owner can connect to Kies. Please switch to the owners account on the device and try again" I dont understand this, its is MY android, I am the owner, ive tried various settings. Made sure the device is unlocked when connected. Tried running Kies in Admin mode. Checked that Debugging mode was active, everything. Please Help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Kies Owner Permission?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is due to Kies being outdated for your device. You would need to use the Smart Switch software that @Starchaser mentioned. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

3 REPLIES 3
Starchaser
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using Samsung Switch to connect to the phone with?

dkchimnani
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes but still not solve the problem

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is due to Kies being outdated for your device. You would need to use the Smart Switch software that @Starchaser mentioned. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.