cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Latest note 8 at&t update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received a software update today and now my Status bar is no longer visible on my home screen. Anyone else experiencing this.

AT&T

Model: SN-N950U

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Latest note 8 at&t update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

without the issue logs, samsung engineers can't analyze to find out the root cause. however, have u tried in safe mode? if u see the status bar in safe mode, it is one or more of the installed apps. u will have to uinstall one by one to find out which app is causing it. very unfortunate.....

Well, like I just suggested. They should have a place with a short video tutorial of where the logs are and a place on the site to upload them to. 

Fortunately I was able to determine that the update changed the way the status bar is displayed and it sometimes slips behind the wall paper. Another coding error the prerelease team missed!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted to reboot the phone into safe mode?

To get into safe mode, just do the following:

• Power your device down
  • Then power it back on
  • Press and hold the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo until the phone is powered on. 

Let me know how this works.            

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Download and install samsung+ app from the playstore and using the "send feedback" option, report the issue.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

Download and install samsung+ app from the playstore and using the "send feedback" option, report the issue.

Lol, sorry. Am not buyig into a serivice just to report a known glitch when I can do it on the companies forum. Unfortunately they are too ignorant to realize the glitch even though the code was given to them.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

without the issue logs, samsung engineers can't analyze to find out the root cause. however, have u tried in safe mode? if u see the status bar in safe mode, it is one or more of the installed apps. u will have to uinstall one by one to find out which app is causing it. very unfortunate.....

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

Well, like I just suggested. They should have a place with a short video tutorial of where the logs are and a place on the site to upload them to. 

Fortunately I was able to determine that the update changed the way the status bar is displayed and it sometimes slips behind the wall paper. Another coding error the prerelease team missed!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

oh. good good. what wall paper and where did you get it from?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Made it myself from photoshop. although some themes from the store do it also.