cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My New Favorite Case. What's yours?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, going on months with the Note 8 and still like day one. Performance and beauty wise. With 4 accidental drops and about another 7 or 8 accidental drops😉, most on concrete from hip to ear high, between Uag Rugged, Otterbox Defender, Tech21 Tactical, and now....Spec Presidio Grip. All do awesome for protection. Slow wireless charging on Otterbox of course. All on yoir preference and style. For me, I enjoyed the Tech21 Tactical the best UNTILL I started using this Spec case for almost 2 weeks now. Little bit thicker and heavier then the tech 21, but not extreme at all. The top and bottom lips a bit more evident and more stout. The sides are just perfect. Just a bit lower than screen level which is just right for these glass edge designs and still keep the sides from direct impact. The fit is spot on. Not too loose, not too tight, just a well snug fit. Removing the case frequently to clean and such is not an issue and doesn't seem like it effects the shape or fit for over time. Wireless charging has no issue. The overall feel and grip design is just awesome and gives some stick as well when layed down on a table or smooth surface. Compatible with many and most screen protectors. Overall, hits all the marks starting with protection without the "bulk" HINT..if you seem to have an issue removing and setting the S-Pen, here is why. The case seems to have been designed not to use your thumb, but the tip of your index finger. I use my thumb. If you look at the very corner of the cut out, use your thumb corner there sideways, not straight in as if you were using the index or pointing finger. You will quickly get it in no time. So, what is everyone else using now and how do you like it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: My New Favorite Case. What's yours?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Going on 6 months..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Going on 6 months..

View solution in original post

Vic20
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UAG Monarch for me at work. I dropped it once on carpeted flooring... nothing extreme like pavement. But I do bang it a lot on the back when in my front left pocket. Have a lot of open drawers and stuff that is easy to bang your leg into things when moving around quickly. Works great protecting my Note 8 and my leg! My other pocket had my wallet which acts like padding too... LOL

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol..good to know it provides some body protection as well😂 yea, UAG has some very good stout cases. I can see that.

BrentB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pelican protector has saved mine from falling onto the parking lot. Few drops at home on hardwood, but not a scratch. Good with wireless charging as well. I'm happy with it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! Have not tried a pelican case, but I have heard the same. Sounds like a good case.