cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coman
Asteroid

No Gray color option for Unlocked version?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I pick Note 8 with any carrier then I have 2 color options, Black and Gray, but when I pick the Unlocked Note 8 then there's only the Black option, but I'd like the Gray Unlocked version. I'm able to order the Gray Unlocked version from other retailers such as Best Buy, but prefer to order from Samsung, is that really not possible and do I have to purchase it from somewhere else?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: No Gray color option for Unlocked version?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userGTQbFIeUHj

At this time the colors are locked in. However, keep in mind that the colors might change availability at a later point like the S8 did.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userGTQbFIeUHj

At this time the colors are locked in. However, keep in mind that the colors might change availability at a later point like the S8 did.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

user08Lovzu5n9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will it be available at all to pre order in the orchid gray unlocked version?

coman
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I'm wondering the same, I don't want to miss out on the free gifts and discounts that come with the pre-order, but I also really don't want a carrier version, or the black color version. I might just have to get one from somewhere else then like Best Buy, they have the Unlocked Gray version.

usera1Ma4ZH7VD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish Blue was available in unlocked but I can live just fine with black.

Just fyi you are crazy if you think we can wait 6 months to a year just so more colors are available lol! Hey I can't wait till September 15th, how do you expect me to wait 6 months? Lol

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think it'll be there for the pre-order time period. Perhaps afterward though.

HazelFlagg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've kept my 3.5 year-old Note 4 limping along for over a year, waiting for the Note 8.  I really wanted an unlocked phone in my color choice.  During the rollout the CEO gushed that you could "choose your color."  The launch was in the US.  Why, oh why are we in the US limited to a black-only unlocked and black or orchid grey from the providers?  I don't want yet another black phone, cannot wait another 6 months (or more) for the grey to be released unlocked, and have to miss the deals! And, more importantly, I don't want all the bloatware the providers load their versions with.  I love my Samsung products...Note 4 & Tab 8, and a previous Note 2 owner.  Spending almost $1,000 for something I don't want is particularly frustrating.

coman
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just ended up buying mine from Best Buy instead, they have it in gray or black colors there for the unlocked version and it's the same price and comes with the same 2 free gifts and free shipping and same delivery date, in fact they also advertise an additional free $150 gift card but I'm still not sure how to get it exactly, the only downside was not getting the $20 off the new gear vr.
HazelFlagg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up at Amazon.  The black unlocked was $5 cheaper than list and the unlocked grey was list price.  I did miss out on the freebies but at this point didn't care.  My Note 4 has about had it and I just need the phone.  I got a 256 gb card instead...I'm loading 15 years worth of accumulated music on it and need as much space as possible for some of my larger work apps.  I'm glad many of the companies that make cases and screen protectors jumped on the bandwagon early so I'm not stuck with a basic black rugged case and can get screen protectors before I destroy my screen.  I tend to be hard on my phones.   And now the wait begins!

AZAndroidGirl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In setting mine up I ran across a tmobile option to unlock it as long as you meet criteria like device paid for.