Model SM-N950U1

Baseband N950U1UES5CRF6

Carrier Tmobile

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No video calling option, unlocked Note 8 on Tmobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFztXAlRlz3

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding a software update. Your baseband version should be N950USQU4CRF3

user03htC9AJ4q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my s8 plus I am looking into starting a class action suit against  Samsung because these phones are capable of performing these features but yet they went behind our back and sided with the providers and took the features off. As a customer of Samsung their should be some loyalty to us. I will be working on this and post any information about a class action lawsuit that I get on every Samsung board until this issue is resolved I wanted money on this phone and if I can't use the features on the phone I want my money back.

Dookistan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You do that. Then you will find out it has nothing to do with samsung, samsung provides the apps and hardware that work universally, then the carriers add, change, remove or "fix". Because, unlike apple, Samsung allows carriers to mess around with the programming some negative problems happen, like removing samsung cloud (verizon), or good things like in phone app video messaging. Because tmobile built the programming for their phones to work on their network they are under no obligation to provide a feature that is useable outside of their network or their phones.

Samsung could throw their weight around and force carriers to not change things, but in the US they do not have near the clout that Apple does.

Or, just throwing it out there, again, you could use many of the numerous apps that allow this that are cross carrier, platform, brand and have no fees, like google duo, whatsapp, skype, ect.

userS5BkT1Izv4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When i get to the ImsSettingsLauncherActivity and try to launch it says nothing found, why is this happening

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you spoken with your carrier regarding this issue yet?

user5ohNXcevqH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did not help me. Hit lunch _ got " not found" 

I tried on light and paid app_ same not found. 

Rtoussel
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No longer works since oreo update! You'll need a video app from the play store or just use Duo. 

userYpHd1Rjzjm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got the note 10+ unlocked and having the same problem! Had a tmobile note 8 before this and had no idea I would lose this feature!! I tried your steps and got excited until I got to step 5 because that does not exist! There is no option to turn anything on. Would you happen to have an updated solution? Thanks! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userYpHd1Rjzjm,

I recommend reaching out to your current carrier regarding video calling. Due to this being a Carrier feature.