Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9NBc6wPrjT
Constellation

Note 8 - Annoying Notification Panel auto up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate my Note 8 for 2 reasons. 

1) The keyboard, especially using swipe, is so much worse than even the Note 4s.  The words,  if you call it that, are humorous if not so frustrating.  3rd party is much better now, sadly. 

2) Recently started having regular issues where the notification screen will auto go back up.  Sometimes it stays, sometimes stays 5 plus seconds, but often pops right back up before you can do anything.  Yes, I am pulling it down fully each time. 

Has anyone seen This?????

Thank you in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userv4nWc72Vco
Constellation

Re: Note 8 - Annoying Notification Panel auto up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just uninstalled the Carrier apps and that seemed to work. Thank you.

@Originalbiggboy wrote:
I noticed once I uninstalled the Sprint bloatware apps my panel did not recall it's self so problem could be phone carrier's apps.

14 REPLIES 14
userOPpRuwPptA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here.  Very annoying behavior.  Notification panel returns very quickly.  

In addition (and I think these symptoms are related), the quick replies are also abruptly stop before I can enter the reply and press "send".

(quick replies are those you able to swipe down from the notification panel, which will bring up a single reply text box, allowing you to reply without actually go to the application.  They are SMS, Google Hangouts, and Facebook messenger floating chat heads

userEuJkGi14IS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the same issues with my keyboard.  "And" always ends up "a ff".  I get a lot of words that end up as a string of unrelated letters and spaces, often with that "ff" at the end.   And, it will also put in words that aren't even words over and over again in place of commonly used words. 

userSCoWgJ4xge
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Having the same issues. Very annoying. It'd be nice if Samsung could chime in on this.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I noticed once I uninstalled the Sprint bloatware apps my panel did not recall it's self so problem could be phone carrier's apps.
userOPpRuwPptA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What's the sprint bloatware? I can't find any references for that
userv4nWc72Vco
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just uninstalled the Carrier apps and that seemed to work. Thank you.

@Originalbiggboy wrote:

userv4nWc72Vco
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also experiencing this poor behavior on my Note 8. 

Highlighted
userIrRUa3ZvLA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes!!! I thought it was just me!! the notification bar keeps swiping automatically ever since I updated my phone. I have the S7 edge by the way. I also only been noticing it does that when I was answering a text through the notification panel. the weirdest part, it tends to especially do it when I leave work around 5. any fix??
user3VpY9PHnAY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have this issue as well but I have a S8+. I can barely type a reply before the notification goes up.