Constellation

Note 8 - Annoying Notification Panel auto up

JUMP TO SOLUTION
same here
userOPpRuwPptA
Asteroid

Re: Note 8 - Annoying Notification Panel auto up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Spent about hour and half with Samsung support last night. Most of the conversation was trying to make her understand the issue.

Ended up with 3 options:

1. Flush partition cache (power key /volume up/Bixby key pressed at the time on a powered down device.  This did not work

2. Perform a factory reset.  I am not doing this. My device is less than a week old and this issue is widely reported

3. Return device back to sprint for an exchange

Basically, I wasted my time. But made her generate a tracking ticket with engineering 

Bigmo555
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm also having this issue. It's a small consolation that I'm not the only one.
userOPpRuwPptA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I may have found a solution. I've noticed that the issue happens more when I have Wi-Fi on, but outside of the Wi-Fi networks. Note 8 comes with Secure Wi-Fi application. Very annoying and intrusive app. I turned off the notifications as soon as I got the phone. However, it is still running in the background and a definitely a culprit in my case. I uninstalled the app and my issue immediately went away. Waited 24 hours to reply, just to make sure it is the case. And the issue has not occurred since I have removed that app

Screenshot_20171004-105435.jpgUploaded from community android app.

userSCoWgJ4xge
Constellation

Re: Note 8 - Annoying Notification Panel auto up

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I as well uninstalled the carrier apps and haven't had an issue since. Thanks everyone!