cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Note 8 Estimated Battery life gauge?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently I've had to do several factory resets on my phone due to Bixby voice wake-up and Oreo. I've noticed something which I hope someone can strighten out for me. Under Settiings>device maintenance>battery the phone gives an estimate in hours/minutes of charge left.

After a factory reset the estimate doesn't appear until a day or two as it evaluates how you use the phone. My question is this: does the evalutaion only happen once or does it monitor the usage and change accordingly.

The reason I ask is when I got my phone I was getting 68h on a full charge, now after the last factory reset it is saying 43 hours on a full charge.  Curious?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Note 8 Estimated Battery life gauge?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Cyberwasp, the battery life estimate is based on previous usage. As you continue to use your device after Factory Data Reset, you will start seeing more realistic estimates after a few days of usage.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

1 REPLY 1
Supernova

Re: Note 8 Estimated Battery life gauge?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Cyberwasp, the battery life estimate is based on previous usage. As you continue to use your device after Factory Data Reset, you will start seeing more realistic estimates after a few days of usage.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.